To all parents – Grade 1- 11 and Nursery
Re-opening of the College
8th August 2020, (last updated 14/08/20)
Dear parent / student.
Please note that the college will operate as usual from Monday the 17th of August for all the grades under strict health protocol.
- Nursery School hours: As usual
- Primary School hours: 7.20 am – 1.30 pm
- Secondary School hours: 7.20 am – 1.45 pm
Parents are requested to follow the recommended methods to prevent your child from Covid – 19. Please find the instructions below
Instructions below must be strictly followed
01) The school hours will be 7.20 a.m. – 1.45 p.m
02) Everyone’s temperature will be tested at the gate entrance.
03) College closing procedure will be as follows,
i) Children will depart from the classroom according to the “class register order”.
ii) Parents / guardians are requested to stay only at the gate and avoid close-contact with others (keep at least 1-meter distance) when you come to collect the child.
04) Before you send the child to school, check his / her fever.
– Your child must be fever-free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
– If the child suffers from cold, cough, sore throat, breathing difficulties, shortness of breath or fever, please keep the child at home and seek immediate medical attention
05) Children are advised to bring a sanitizer and a cleaned handkerchief every day.
06) Face mask must be used throughout school hours. The mask must be washed daily with soap and hot water if it is a re-usable mask.
07) The main assembly and sub-assemblies will be functioned as usual except the student society meetings.
08) All extra–curricular activities are cancelled until further notice. (sports, swimming, library, activity room etc.)
09) The children are not allowed to use the playground at any circumstance.
10) The children should bring home made food.
– Children are not allowed to share meals with others. Remind them to wash their hands with soap and water (or use hand sanitizer) before they eat.
11) Usage of washroom
i) During school hours, only one child is allowed to go at a time to the washroom with the Class Permission Card.
ii) During the interval, only 2 students are allowed go out of the class.
iii) Advise the children to wash their hands with soap and water (or use hand sanitizer) after touching surfaces like doorknobs, toilet handles and sink handles.
12) Always advise children to keep the necessary gap between each other, especially when they go out of the classroom for other subjects.
13) Parents can come to the office between 8.00 a.m. – 11.30 a.m. only on weekdays. If a parent requires speaking to the class teacher, the teacher will be called to the office to gratify the parent.
Further, the parents can accomplish the school payments during 8.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. as usual.
14) Video Classrooms are no longer in service. LMS (e-learning portal) will function as usual for academic activities.
*Student wellness is a top priority at the i-GATE College and we truly appreciate your help to keep our students healthy.